This is so yummy on breaded eggplant, any kind of bread xoxoxo I add some onions.
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, peeled
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄4teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
- Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
- Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
- This can be done either in the toaster (if it’s got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn’t become a brickette).
- When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it’s equally as wonderful).
- Serve immediately.